In principal, Marine bunker fuels are tested against ISO 8217 specifications, the edition 2005, 2010 or 2017 depending on the charter party agreement and the Grade specified in the bunker contract, helping ship operators comply with Marpol Annex VI, the EU Sulphur Directive, Sulphur Emission Control Area (ECA) requirements, and other commercial, legal and quality standards.
We help our clients protect their ship engines from costly failures, reduce down-time risks, comply with environmental regulations and of course provide evidence on possible quality claims.
Correct Sampling, Timely Dispatch & Analysis of Samples and Vessel – Specific Guidance in the use of the fuels are of paramount importance.
In Tribocare, coming from a shipping background, we understand how stressful the administrative part of the bunker fuel testing can be.
Tasks like searching the local markets for sampling kits/cubitainers, incorrect Sampling, chasing the agents to dispatch forgotten samples, insecurity if the fuel is fit for purpose are in the daily routine of ship operators. Our Fuel Testing program resolves those issues totally.
Our services are designed in such a way to offer complete piece of mind to the managers/operators and include
- Dispatch of sampling kits towards the Vessels directly or to the designated stock points
- Offering Specific Instructions for Sampling, Sample Retentions, Documentations etc
- Global Transportation arrangements for dispatching Samples
- Analysis report, within 24 hours, of receiving the Samples in our laboratories.
- Vessel-Specific Guidance for Using Problematic Fuels
- Password protected data with free access to our online portal via Computer or Phone Apps
- 24/7 Technical Support
- Claims Support